10 Downing Street News

Tuesday 24 July 2007

Flood blogging takes off!

Yesterday the BBC contacted LGC with a view to interviewing me about the blog I wrote yesterday on flooding. This is now available for anyone to listen to via podcast on the BBC's Pods & Blogs website.

Interestingly, the Beeb also picked up on Cheltenham BC's use of blogging to keep local people up to date about what has been happening with the floods in the local area. What a great idea, and they are doing a great job - blogging every few hours on updates about where to get bottled water from, how the floods are affecting local events. I assume of course local people have power to they can surf the 'net! I have added the blog to the editor's picks.

There's also a link to the below video of how the town centre has been affected by flooding, which really brings it home how such areas are being affected to those of us like myself who are sitting on a dry hill in north London.

No comments: